Greg & Kimberly

Let's go back a little and enjoy a warm summer day with these two. When I asked them to tell us all about their love story they sent me this. A conversation all about Greg and Kimberly's Love Story
Greg and Kimberly’s Love Story
Greg: So we met while Kimberly was serving her mission in my home town. She took 
me out too dinner with her companion...
Kimberly: CORRECTION!!! We were set up on a date after I came home. On that date 
we discovered we had met on my mission when we had dinner at his parents’ house 
over Christmas break. Total surprise!
Greg: Ok so that’s really what happened. But we did have dinner together while she 
was a missionary. :) 
Kimberly: Our first date was really a brat roast up the canyon. It was cold and windy but 
we ended up having a lot of fun just talking and laughing. 
Greg: Kimberly impressed me that night when she said that she was excited for her 
laundry room to smell like camp fire for the next few days. That made me happy! I knew 
that she loved adventure and doing super fun stuff.
Kimberly: And Greg impressed me with his super broad disney music library. 
Greg: So next I put her to the test and asked her to hike with me up to the top of Y 
Mountain right after a snow storm the afternoon of my birthday. She proved to be super 
epic wearing boots too big for her and never complained. 
Kimberly: Greg was a stud. He gave me his waterproof shoes to use. It was a beautiful 
hike. 
Greg: Over the winter we spent more and more time together rock climbing, doing 
homework, snow shoeing and visiting her family. The more I saw of her the more I grew 
to admire her and want to be with her. 
Kimberly: Greg was fun to be around because he knew how to enjoy life, but he also 
knew how to talk about important things. I loved our adventures as well as trips to the 
temple to read scriptures on the lawn. I was super bummed when Christmas came and 
he went home to New York. We talked almost everyday.
Greg: In February I decided that I wanted her to be my wife and I knew I had to start 
things moving if I wanted to be married by the next fall semester. I began thinking about 
what kind of ring I thought she would like. I had a feeling I would be looking for a long, 
long time for the right one and never really find it. So I decided to design one myself.
Greg and Kimberly’s Love Story
Kimberly: But meanwhile, I had no idea about any of this... None.
Greg: Ideas started flowing. We hadn’t talked about marriage at all. But I was never 
really scared or apprehensive that I was going to surprise her with a ring and ask her to 
marry me.
Kimberly: I knew I wanted to marry him eventually. I just thought it would take a while to 
happen. 
Greg: Periodically, Kimberly would make a comment or two about how she didn’t want a 
big diamond ring when she go married, or that she hated it when rings would get caught 
between her fingers, and so on. I made mental notes and worked on a design from 
February through June. It got better and better as time went on.
Kimberly: Then he proposed... in May ... on my birthday! 
Greg: Slow down, I was getting there. True I didn’t have the ring yet, but it was coming. 
Her dad suggested I give her about a month more time to organize a wedding than I 
had originally planned. That was a Tuesday. On Friday I proposed.
Kimberly: It was my birthday and the last day of my first year teaching kindergarten. We 
went rock climbing with Codi and Brian, our friends who had set us up on our first date.
Greg: As she climbed up, I rappelled down from the top of the cliff. Once I met her part 
way up, I turned sideways, knelt on the vertical face of the cliff and asked her to marry 
me. I offered a temporary ring until the real one was finished. 
Kimberly: We planned the wedding with the wonderful help of our families and through 
a series of wild and miraculous events, the custom designed ring arrived the day of the 
wedding. It arrived after the ceremony, but Greg took me to the base of the cliffs where 
he proposed and gave it to me there. I absolutely love it and it is a testament of how 
well he knows me. He is a stud muffin! And I love him!
Greg: It was pretty much the most perfect timing ever. And I love Kimberly, and I am 
super glad she loves the ring too. :)
And we lived happily ever after.
The Beginning
(of the marriage... duh)










Side Story: This is when they found out Kimberly's ring just came in the mail!
The couple thought they wouldn't get the ring until the following week. To their surprise they found out it came in the day of!






 Later the couple decided to visit the area where Greg proposed. That's where Greg pulled the ring to give to his bride. 































Popular Posts